Around 70 students, trade unionists and others came to show solidarity with Alfie and Zak at the beginning of their trial last week. The trial is expected to last another 2-3 weeks. We are asking supporters to do what they can to continue to build support and solidarity.
What can you do?
1. Come and sit in the public gallery to show your support, even just for a morning or afternoon if you can. Court generally runs every day 10am-1pm, 2-4.30 in Court 6 at Woolwich Crown Court (10 minutes walk from Plumstead train station). https://www.facebook.com/events/316628031789778/
The beginning of this week will see police on the stand including Silver Commander Johnson, with the defense case starting hopefully by Thursday.
2. Make a donation (we need money to cover people’s travel, food expenses)
3. Organise a message of support - email it to email@example.com
4. Raise and pass the DtRtP motion. Download it here: www.defendtherighttoprotest.org/files/pdf/dtrtp_model_motion.pdf
5. Organise for Alfie, Zak or a representative from DtRtP to come and speak at protests, rallies, trade union meetings and future events. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out some of the recent articles and posts about the this third trial:
- Police commander: baton use on protesters’ heads was ‘superbly restrained’ on The Meddler 16/2/2022
- Why did they try to lock us out of the Alfie Meadows trial?, on Another Angry Woman 12/2/2022
- No justice for student protestors Alfie Meadows and Zak King, Guardian 10/2/2022
- Justice on Pierce Penniless 7/2/2022
- Justice delayed, justice denied, London Student 4/2/2022